NannyML is an Open Source Python library for detecting silent model failure. We are backed by tech leaders who have founded and grown top data unicorns, like the CTO of Collibra (the first Belgian unicorn); and deep tech VCs like Lunar Ventures. At NannyML, we are building free software to estimate the performance of ML models after deployment. We’re creating a one-of-a-kind company by being one of the initial players in the growing ML Monitoring field. By focusing on post-deployment data science and performance estimation, we’ll define the industry and science for decades to come.
The founders are experienced entrepreneurs that previously founded a specialized machine learning company, where they became experts at building machine learning systems. At NannyML, we take pride in hiring the best people and getting out of their way so that they can make great things happen.
About the Role
We are looking for Data Science interns to help the Product and Research team solve challenging ML problems and improve our library. You will work with senior Data professionals and all 3 founders, as well as everyone else at the company. You will be responsible for data gathering and preparation, conducting and evaluating Data Science experiments, and implementing working solutions in the core library. As we grow NannyML we expect you to grow with us. As our company scales, we envision a successful candidate to grow into a Junior Data Scientist or a similar full-time position.
- Work closely with the founders, Research, and Product teams to evaluate and improve existing features, and prototype new solutions.
- Become open source contributors by directly writing code and documentation to the NannyML library.
- Contribute to internal tools that evaluate performance estimation algorithms and create synthetic datasets to help robustly measure the quality of our solutions.
- Own real-word dataset gathering and preparation, to ensure good generalization of Performance Estimation and Data Drift Detection algorithms.
- Conduct literature research and create prototype solutions for unsolved problems.
- Assist our product designer with user analytics, to better understand the needs of our audience.
- Draft and review Data Science-related content such as blogs, notebooks, and presentations.
- Exceptional communication skills in English - both oral and written.
- Strong theoretical and practical understanding of Machine Learning, including hands-on experience in developing ML systems.
- Knowledge of the Python Data Science stack including pandas, numpy, and Scikit Learn.
- You are a swift learner and can easily pick up new concepts.
- You are incredibly proactive, independent, and comfortable in proposing new ideas. This also means holding your ground when you believe you are right.
- Be available to start in the next three weeks at most. We're looking to fill this role immediately.
- You live in or are willing and able to move to EU time zones, and you are open to travel roughly once per quarter
Nice to haves
- STEM background
- Prior work or internship experience in a Machine Learning company
- Track record of open source contributions
- The opportunity to be a part of the exciting early stages of a well-funded, European-based Open Source start-up that has massive growth and venture potential
- Fully Remote Working Environment
- 50€/month development budget to learn Data Science, Causal ML, Bayesian Inference or anything you like that applies to your role.
- 45€/month well-being allowance (for yoga, gym etc.)
- Compensation: up to 750 EUR/month for half-time
We value freedom with responsibility, transparency, and a growth mindset. We believe in generating our own luck by trying out new stuff, always asking, constantly learning, reading, and meeting new people with different world-views. We appreciate that from time to time, things may break. Working at NannyML, you will have full autonomy to make impactful decisions and prioritize and organize your work the way you see fit. You will work closely with the founders.
❤ Why you will love to join NannyML
- Working with a fast-growing international VC funded startup with a flat structure
- You will have full ownership of the things you work on
- An international and diverse team
- Fully remote work, with as many opportunities to meet up as you want!
- Open Source Product with all the perks that come with that (Github: https://github.com/NannyML/nannyml)
😡 What you might not love
- We're a small team, priorities will keep on changing and processes are not fine-tuned yet
- Really fast-paced environment with a LOT of work to be done
- You will have to learn new things all the time